Followers

Saturday, 23 August 2014

Introducing Harry

This is Harry or Harriette as the case may be. I first captured him/her on my infra-red camera's set up in my small garden. Becoming a regular visitor for its evening meal I decided to push my luck and see how close I could get with a flash camera. To my amazement it totally ignored me, not bothered by the flash, or how close I was, I managed to get these pics and when it had finished the meal worms it just wandered off into the night.
I shall have to be careful not to over feed it so I just leave a couple of tastey nibbles to keep it happy and hope I get more opportunities, who knows, he might bring along a few friends or even a family.

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful to observe a Hedgehog in your own garden. There have been many sightings of them on the farm, but not by me!:( I think it is a Harriette with such a sweet face.Have you ever seen a baby one, they are adorable. Good luck with more visitations, and keep the photos coming. A black cat ate all my fish in our pond yesterday, I was so sad, and it's one of the reasons why I don't leave food out at night for any wandering hedgehogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad about your fish Breathtaking, I feed the birds and hedgehogs meal worms, they love them and other creatures hate them. My infra-red cameras keep me informed as to who visits my garden and what they like to eat. This way I have control.

    ReplyDelete

Mike Attwood - Photographer

About Me

My photo
Evacuated during the second world war to a village in Yorkshire where I lived in the home of a good photographer for more than five years who taught me the basics and a great deal about nature. Well past retirement age I have been a wildlife photographer for more than 30 years. Red Kites have been my speciality for much of this period. I did spend several years snapping wheelchair athletes and organizing the British Road Race Championship. In the year 2000 I was awarded a distinction by the Royal Photographic Society for my portfolio on wheelchair athletes. Most of my pics are digital, using Sony cameras and Sigma lenses. I used to spend many weeks each year with friends in Wales which is close to the Elan Valleys where I got many of my raptor pics. I now get these pictures more closely to home, specially red kites and peregrines. I support my pension by selling my pics, cards, coasters, fridge magnets and key rings etc. at craft fairs, something I wish I had done much earlier in life. I give illustrated talks to clubs and societies on wildlife and other branches of photography that I have been involved in.