Followers

Tuesday, 30 December 2014

What a Christmas present?

Reed Bunting

Nuthatch

Magpie
After 5 months of hobbling everywhere on crutches, every step being painful not being able to walk
more than 20 metres, the hospital not being able to do much, suddenly a couple of days before
Christmas the pain disappeared, I could stand up straight and walk without a crutch. If any readers
have had sciatica they will know just what I mean. I felt like a new man and it took 20 years off my
age. So I celebrated by going for long walks and photographing everything in sight. Here are a couple
of shots that I took at Warnham LNR when the crowds would let me.
To top it all the hedgehog was caught on one of my infra-red cameras on Christmas morning.
Happy New Year to you all.

4 comments:

  1. I had several months hobbling a couple of years ago and I certainly appreciate being able to get around again now and am still doing stretches regularly to keep the back freed up! Happy New Year to you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Alan, Then you must know how I feel at the moment.
    Happy New Year to to too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mike!:) A wonderful Christmas present Mike,--- to be pain free makes all the difference. It's amazing how the pain of sciatica comes out of nowhere, lingers for ages and then suddenly disapears. I do know exactly how you feel as I still have sciatica after three months, and it does get me down. I'm so glad you are better, and wish you all the best this New Year. Your bird shots are lovely, and I especially like the last shot,--it's stunning.:) Warm Regards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Breathtaking. I am still taking a couple of pills each day but the difference is amazing. I hope yours is sorted as well as mine was.
      Happy New (pain free) Year.

      Delete

Mike Attwood - Photographer

About Me

My photo
Evacuated during the second world war to a village in Yorkshire where I lived in the home of a good photographer for more than five years who taught me the basics and a great deal about nature. Well past retirement age I have been a wildlife photographer for more than 30 years. Red Kites have been my speciality for much of this period. I did spend several years snapping wheelchair athletes and organizing the British Road Race Championship. In the year 2000 I was awarded a distinction by the Royal Photographic Society for my portfolio on wheelchair athletes. Most of my pics are digital, using Sony cameras and Sigma lenses. I used to spend many weeks each year with friends in Wales which is close to the Elan Valleys where I got many of my raptor pics. I now get these pictures more closely to home, specially red kites and peregrines. I support my pension by selling my pics, cards, coasters, fridge magnets and key rings etc. at craft fairs, something I wish I had done much earlier in life. I give illustrated talks to clubs and societies on wildlife and other branches of photography that I have been involved in.