Followers

Sunday 9 September 2018

Back to blogging

 Having had a couple of setbacks over the past month I didn't get up to much. For medical reasons I was stopped from driving which to my way of life is a must. Having a full blown check-up 3 days before my 81st I got an excellent medical report which meant I could drive again so I celebrated with a trip down to the New Forest for a few days with my family. One would think that it would be the perfect place for a wildlife photographer, no such luck, I have more wildlife in my back garden than I found down there. The only pictures I took were in a hawk conservency.
Returning home after a very enjoyable few days I took a trip down the road to see if the peregrines were OK. There they were quite content surveying their patch with full tummies no doubt.

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are better now Mike. Plenty in the New Forest. Need a bit of time to find stuff though. Glad the Peregrine family seem to be doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marc,
    If I'd had a little more time to myself I might have done better. I feel fitter now so I can spend a little more of my energy and perhaps I will have better luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mike!!!Very nice images .. Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ana, The peregrines never let me down.

      Delete

Mike Attwood - Photographer

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Evacuated during the second world war to a village in Yorkshire where I lived in the home of a good photographer for more than five years who taught me the basics and a great deal about nature. Well past retirement age I have been a wildlife photographer for more than 30 years. Red Kites have been my speciality for much of this period. I did spend several years snapping wheelchair athletes and organizing the British Road Race Championship. In the year 2000 I was awarded a distinction by the Royal Photographic Society for my portfolio on wheelchair athletes. Most of my pics are digital, using Sony cameras and Sigma lenses. I used to spend many weeks each year with friends in Wales which is close to the Elan Valleys where I got many of my raptor pics. I now get these pictures more closely to home, specially red kites and peregrines. I support my pension by selling my pics, cards, coasters, fridge magnets and key rings etc. at craft fairs, something I wish I had done much earlier in life. I give illustrated talks to clubs and societies on wildlife and other branches of photography that I have been involved in.