Followers

Monday 26 August 2019

I'm going bats.

 I have spent a lot of time over the past few months searching for the wildlife that has disappeared from my neighborhood. The hedgehogs have gone, the foxes are rarely seen, barn owls, all the small garden birds, red kites that have been seen over my house, all gone. Because I have not been up to it the garden has fallen into a bit of  a wild area this has resulted in many wild flowers growing on the lawn, which in turn has attracted the insects. This summer we have grasshoppers, crickets loads of butterflies and moths and now we have bats every evening. This has given me a new area for my photography. These two photo's are my first attempt at capturing movement with the aid of flash. I am not a lover of flash but I can see a good use for it. I can now sit in my garden in the evening and enjoy my photography again. Not my best photo's but I have the will to improve.

4 comments:

  1. Now that is an almost impossible task. At least it's light when I photograph dragonflies. Good luck with this task.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marc, I think I will need it, but at least it will give me something to do.

      Delete
  2. I love Bats.. Have a great week Mike..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Ana, I shall have fun sitting in my garden with my camera. Take care, Mike.

      Delete

Mike Attwood - Photographer

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Evacuated during the second world war to a village in Yorkshire where I lived in the home of a good photographer for more than five years who taught me the basics and a great deal about nature. Well past retirement age I have been a wildlife photographer for more than 30 years. Red Kites have been my speciality for much of this period. I did spend several years snapping wheelchair athletes and organizing the British Road Race Championship. In the year 2000 I was awarded a distinction by the Royal Photographic Society for my portfolio on wheelchair athletes. Most of my pics are digital, using Sony cameras and Sigma lenses. I used to spend many weeks each year with friends in Wales which is close to the Elan Valleys where I got many of my raptor pics. I now get these pictures more closely to home, specially red kites and peregrines. I support my pension by selling my pics, cards, coasters, fridge magnets and key rings etc. at craft fairs, something I wish I had done much earlier in life. I give illustrated talks to clubs and societies on wildlife and other branches of photography that I have been involved in.