Followers

Sunday 9 April 2017

Barn owl

I paid my regular trip to the peregrines, still hoping to see some sign of nesting. I had my multi lens set-up on the camera and had just started to pack it all away as the light was fading when I saw way over the other side of the marsh a barn owl emerge from the trees. I laid the camera on the roof of the car and took several shots thinking that I would be very lucky if  any of them were any good. 250m away and this is the best of them so tomorrow I shall be going prepared. From the spot where I park the car in the past 12 months I have seen marsh harrier, red kite, buzzard, kestrel, short-eared owl, now barn owl and of course the peregrines. What more could I want?

2 comments:

  1. Hi friend!!!Lovely picture.. regards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ana, Its nice to know I've got friends. Take care,
      Mike.

      Delete

Mike Attwood - Photographer

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Evacuated during the second world war to a village in Yorkshire where I lived in the home of a good photographer for more than five years who taught me the basics and a great deal about nature. Well past retirement age I have been a wildlife photographer for more than 30 years. Red Kites have been my speciality for much of this period. I did spend several years snapping wheelchair athletes and organizing the British Road Race Championship. In the year 2000 I was awarded a distinction by the Royal Photographic Society for my portfolio on wheelchair athletes. Most of my pics are digital, using Sony cameras and Sigma lenses. I used to spend many weeks each year with friends in Wales which is close to the Elan Valleys where I got many of my raptor pics. I now get these pictures more closely to home, specially red kites and peregrines. I support my pension by selling my pics, cards, coasters, fridge magnets and key rings etc. at craft fairs, something I wish I had done much earlier in life. I give illustrated talks to clubs and societies on wildlife and other branches of photography that I have been involved in.