Followers

Wednesday 4 December 2019

Memory of a robin

The sun shone earlier so a trip down to the Wetlands was in order. After a spot of lunch I left Jacque with a book in the warmth of the centre and I took a stroll round the lake. After a few minutes I noticed a robin quite close. I took the opportunity of a photograph. Walking on a bit further I turned and noticed it was right behind me. It was then that I saw he was watching me. Walking a little further I realised I was being followed. I thought for a moment and threw it a couple of mealworms that I just happen to have in my pocket it was then that I remembered this happened a couple of weeks ago and this must be the same robin and that I had been recognised. Unfortunately a couple of noisey kids burst onto the scene and frightened him away. I will go prepared with mealworms in my pocket on future trips.

4 comments:

  1. Always a magical encounter. Good old kids. They never let you down!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Marc. I love kids but they always turn up at the wrong time.

      Delete
  2. A Robin is always a good bet for a picture or two. Unfortunately, none in my garden since summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always one hanging around in my garden but thats about all.

      Delete

Mike Attwood - Photographer

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Evacuated during the second world war to a village in Yorkshire where I lived in the home of a good photographer for more than five years who taught me the basics and a great deal about nature. Well past retirement age I have been a wildlife photographer for more than 30 years. Red Kites have been my speciality for much of this period. I did spend several years snapping wheelchair athletes and organizing the British Road Race Championship. In the year 2000 I was awarded a distinction by the Royal Photographic Society for my portfolio on wheelchair athletes. Most of my pics are digital, using Sony cameras and Sigma lenses. I used to spend many weeks each year with friends in Wales which is close to the Elan Valleys where I got many of my raptor pics. I now get these pictures more closely to home, specially red kites and peregrines. I support my pension by selling my pics, cards, coasters, fridge magnets and key rings etc. at craft fairs, something I wish I had done much earlier in life. I give illustrated talks to clubs and societies on wildlife and other branches of photography that I have been involved in.