Followers

Friday 26 May 2017

Barn owl

 Last night with nothing much to do I thought I would check on the peregrines, still not sure if they have young. When just as I was about to leave having packed all my gear into the car this barn owl appeared.
I quickly grabbed my camera and took these shots before it vanished into the woods.
 Wrong lens, wrong camera settings and failing light and with just a few seconds to get the shots off.
Still, now I know where to look and at what time so I shall be waiting with everything set up correctly and I bet it doesn't turn up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mike Attwood - Photographer

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Evacuated during the second world war to a village in Yorkshire where I lived in the home of a good photographer for more than five years who taught me the basics and a great deal about nature. Well past retirement age I have been a wildlife photographer for more than 30 years. Red Kites have been my speciality for much of this period. I did spend several years snapping wheelchair athletes and organizing the British Road Race Championship. In the year 2000 I was awarded a distinction by the Royal Photographic Society for my portfolio on wheelchair athletes. Most of my pics are digital, using Sony cameras and Sigma lenses. I used to spend many weeks each year with friends in Wales which is close to the Elan Valleys where I got many of my raptor pics. I now get these pictures more closely to home, specially red kites and peregrines. I support my pension by selling my pics, cards, coasters, fridge magnets and key rings etc. at craft fairs, something I wish I had done much earlier in life. I give illustrated talks to clubs and societies on wildlife and other branches of photography that I have been involved in.